Our mission here at the Bethel Baptist Church is to: Evangelize the lost, encourage the community and edify the saints. We are a mission minded, soul winning outreach center for Jesus.
The Bethel Baptist Church had a very humble beginning. In 1864, Reverend Randolph Beach who was baptized in the white church was given the opportunity to build a brush arbor church on Mr. P.G. McDonald's land. Deacon William Cobb, E.D. Brown, Sandy Nealy and Adam Lewis cooperated with Rev. Beach and built the brush arbor church. They cut logs and rolled them together for seats. This building was called Bethel.
During the first year of the brush arbor church, Rev Beach and the members purchased the one acre of land which the church is now built on from Mr Rich Smith. Rev. Beach served as pastor until his death.
Currently Bethel is pastored by Rev. Dr Bobby West who has been a member of Bethel all his life and an ordained deacon since 1979. He and his family serve as faithful members ministering not only to the church inside the walls of Bethel but the community at large through outreach activities and an afterschool program.